My Goal Tracker

Total Saved:
Total Loans Paid:

Monday, August 26, 2013

The First Post!

Welcome to my blog! I begin my PhD on Monday, and a huge goal I have is to follow my finances quite carefully. I have been lucky enough to get a stipend, and plan to manage it carefully so that I can 1) have a tangible savings account and 2) have paid a large portion off of my student loans, which I acquired during my two MA degrees and undergrad. I will be chronicling my journey by sharing the amounts of what I have saved and what I have paid off. I plan to utilize savings accounts, CDs, and a Roth IRA.

I have always lived frugally, so this shouldn't be too much of a change for me. I have been searching, however, for some good blogs to follow that discuss how to save while in a PhD, and I have been a bit disappointed. Thus, my blog is a creation of what I cannot find on the internet, and I hope it can benefit you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment